INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
There are two body treatments I am passionate about being on the receiving end of, the first is reflexology and the second is Indian Head Massage. Why? Because I feel absolutely amazing afterwards - they are tension busters. And it's all about de-stressing the body, the mind and the spirit.
I am excited about offering these treatments at the studio, by yours truly.
Our Indian Head Massage treatment involves working the shoulders, upper back, neck, scalp, forehead, around the eyes, sinuses, face and outer ears. Traditional treatments involve using oils and essential oils that condition the hair and promote growth and healthy skin. (The use of oil on the hair is optional as per the client’s request.)
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
• Releases anxiety
• Improves circulation
• Relief from acute and chronic neck and shoulder stiffness
• Increases levels of concentration
• Relaxes the whole body
• Loosens the scalp
• Increases oxygen uptake in the tissues
• Stimulates and improves the circulation of the lymphatic system, allowing for the disposal of toxins from the body
• Providing relief from earache, eyestrain, tinnitus, aching jaws from clenching or grinding teeth, sinusitis, headaches and migraines.
• Provides relief from hair disorders associated with stress such as alopecia, dandruff and psoriasis
- 1 hr: $75 (can be combined with Reflexology)
- For those that are registered at classes at the studio – $65/hr (can be combined with Reflexology)
- 75 min Combo: Indian Head Massage with Reflexology - $90
- 75 min Combo: For those that are registered at classes at the studio – $80
Please contact the studio to book your appointment. See you on the massage table!
I had not tried either so I booked in for both. After the session I became aware of my body’s full release of tension. I had no idea that it was in such a tight and constricted state. I made a note to myself to remember this new feeling,
which makes sense because both of these therapies address areas of the body where there are multiple nerve endings. My body was limber and relaxed. I felt lighter and strangely ‘unlocked’.
I am a gardener by profession and am aware of how to conserve and utilize my body but this energizing experience was a perfect marker for the way my body should feel, at least at the beginning of my season.
With this new awareness I am looking forward to indulging in these treatments down the line. I’ll keep you posted.
Kim S. (Toronto)